Friday, January 19, 2007

Whatever Energy Bars

After returning from grocery shopping this morning, I was inspired out-of-the-blue to make energy bars... from WHATEVER I had in the pantry and fridge. Flax, pumpkin, sesame seeds; walnuts; dried cranberries, raisins, sultanas, figs & wolfberries! I have no idea how energy bars are made but my ingredients were mixed together with 2 eggs and a little water to a crumbly mixture. Of course I ground the flax to a meal 1st. Then I shaped them to a kind of shape that was convenient. Haha! There goes that "ding!".

Wow, they look great! I can' t wait to eat them. OK, I'll wait just 5 minutes. In the meantime, I'll take a picture.
















OK, maybe they don't look so great. But they are yummy! They taste like they could keep you full for hours. Haha! I like this kind of texture in my mouth -- hearty and meaty. Unlike the local bread, which I call 'Wussy Bread'. And those colourful flavoured breads from certain popular bakeries... eeks!

I wonder what possesed me to bake today. I don't bake much. I generally cook foods that can fill my large-capacity stomach. Which reminds me... I made a funny-looking salad yesterday! Dressed with home-made vinaigrette of course. I recommend this with BBQed meats. See!





















What's for lunch today? Some pork stew I made in the slow-cooker yesterday -- belly pork; carrots; ginger; preserved black beans... nothing super exciting. Tonight we're going to Bukit Panjang to try this tze char place recommended by the friends we are meeting. Not exciting to me, but the hubby likes this kind of food. Wonder if they'll let us bring our own wine. Perhaps a Reisling and a Shiraz.... :D Wash down all that oily food. (I wish!)

I wonder how long I'm gonna keep this up for.... ha...

2 comments:

foodfan said...

What wholesome ingredients for the energy bars! Your food pictures look great! Blog on leh!

Kooky said...

Thanks foodfan, I didn't mean to make them so wholesome... haha! :)) Thanks for your comment. I'll keep blogging ;)