Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Vegetarian Sensation

I had too much food for dinner last nite! I couldn't resist, Indian Vegetarian... one of my favourites :p~ Carbo overload!! And durian puffs for dessert! Woooh!

Anyway, I was still hungry this morning. After a couple of small bagels, I decided to whip up something for lunch (already!). I had some giant shitake mushrooms in the fridge... thought I'd stuff 'em. Inspiration sprang, "I'll make something like a risotto!". I fished out the leftover rice, cherry tomatoes, and the crab mushrooms I just bought yesterday.
Not that my rice was the right kind, it was brown, but the results were fantastic... if I may say so myself. Haha! First I had the tomatoes sauteed with the browned onion and garlic, lots of -tomatoes... Lycopene!! Then I added the rice and finely-chopped mushroom stalks. Herbs, salt n pepper, then the crab mushrooms.

I pre-baked the mushrooms for a while, stuffed them and sat them on a bed of boiled greens. Finally sprinkled with chopped chilli, and drizzled with avocado oil! It's so good for you. I could've sprinkled some parmigiano or romano... but I thought I'd be a purist just for today. :D

This dish could be called Duo Funghi Surprise. Hahaaaa!! Risotto Mushroom Cup? Crab Risotto Cradle?? Best as an appetizer. But we're having that for lunch. Maybe 3-4 of them!


No comments: