Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Stomach Could Use a Rest

I think those durian puffs did not agree with my system. I had a hard time at the market this morning. Thankfully, there are many restrooms all over the place in Singapore!

Here's a good lunch for you if your stomach isn't too pleased with what was loaded in it... Chicken Noodle Soup... Asian style.



I'll try to write a recipe for it here:

What

1 chicken breast, 1 thigh, skin-off, bone-in
1 piece of ginger (thumb-size), smashed or pounded
about 7 cups water
250-300g dried noodles, any sort (I used something like a spinach linguine)
1 1/2 cups blanched bean sprouts
chopped herbs (basil or coriander, I used culantro)
chopped chilli (optional)

How

1) In a soup pot, simmer the chicken and ginger in water for about 1 hour. *Tip* Add a few dried scallops for added flavour.
2) Cook the noodles in water with a few drops of oil (any edible kind); drain.
3) Shred the chicken and arrange on top of the noodles with bean sprouts.
4) Ladle the chicken broth on top and garnish with herbs and chilli.
5) Serve piping hot.

There! You could also add toppings such as fried shallots or garlic, preserved mustard greens (tong chye) etc.

As for me, I like my food pristine. Especially on a day like this! ;p

No comments: