Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Grow Great Grub

Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces

I've been reading this book by Gayla Trail, and it has been so inspiring! She writes about how to grow edibles from small spaces. I never knew about worm poo and worm tea before that! Previously I have tried growing some herbs in my "garden", I've never been serious about learning how to maintain them. Most of them have perished. Although, the kaffir lime I grew from seed has been thriving (Mum gave me a fruit from her enormous kaffir lime tree). I now have pandan, rosemary, baby thai basil and some baby mustard greens. I'm hoping that my purple shiso and purple ruffly basil would germinate... not much happening in 2 weeks :( I'm looking for saw-tooth corriander seeds, but I haven't found any yet.

Kaffir Lime



















Baby Thai Basil

No comments: