Monday, February 28, 2011

Cekur Manis (a.k.a. Sabah Vegetable?)

I have used this vege a few times for soups but it's always a hassle removing the leaves from the stems. And I've never known what it's called until I saw it in Cold Storage in a pack like this!
















Only $2.80 for a pack (at least 6 servings) and organic too! It says Cekur Manis on the pack. And as I was reading a book entitled "Handy Pocket Guide to Asian Vegetables", I found out that it is commonly known as Sabah Vegetable, Phak Waan Baan (Thai); Sayur Manis (Malay); Katuk (Indonesian); and Binahian (Filipino). I'm a bit curious to find out if there are other ways to cook it. Little Missy loves this, picking every piece of it from her soup!


Handy Pocket Guide To Asian Vegetables (Periplus Nature Guides)

No comments: