Thursday, May 17, 2007

Real Men Don't Eat Quiche?

For your information Mr Bruce Feirstein… my husband, who is a real man, ate 2 slices of my Bacon n Onion Quiche for lunch, just a short while ago.

I am so blessed with hubby, who is ever so sweet and supportive. He readily eats whatever I make. Other than his aversion to fish with bones, he pretty much eats every thing else I put on the table. How sweet! 0:)

I too, eat everything I put on the table! And today, I decided to make something I haven’t made in years. No-recipe Quiche. I made mine with chunky bacon, lots of onion, tomatoes, soy milk (we don’t stock cow’s milk in the fridge), Swiss Buendner Cheese (whatever that is...), all topped with Romano Cheese.

To give me some peace of mind about the somewhat decadent ingredients I’ve put in there, I put rolled oats in the crust. Who am I kidding?

Oh well, I don’t normally measure when I cook, and I didn't today (shhh!) but somehow everything fit nicely in my large quiche dish, filled right to the brim. It’s a miracle!


It’s awful to have to wait when your stomach’s rumbling! Tick Tick Tick...




At last! We get to tuck in.



Love the crispy, crunchy pastry! Ok, ok, I confess! I had two slices too, but they were considerable smaller than hubby's!




No comments: