Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Pretty Dumplings... All in a Row

Suddenly had a craving for dumplings (jiao zi) yesterday. So off I went to the shops to get some minced pork and cabbage, I still had some prawns in the freezer. While at the shops, I got so hungry looking at all the food I decided to buy a snack for myself. Ended up with a whole packet of that colourful steamed rice cupcake thingy (what do you call that?). And so, I broke the rule of not shopping when you're hungry. But... I'm always hungry!

Anyway, I got down to preparing the dumpling filling soon after I stuffed my face with the chosen rice cupcake. Poor guy, the little brown one, he was "The One".






















What did I put in that? It looks like kimchi! Well, there's pork, prawns and cabbage... and some other very odd ingredients. Wonder if anyone would be brave enough to guess...

Ok, down to the wrapping. That was easy.


















While I was waiting for them to cook in boiling water, I made a dipping sauce with Lingham's Chilli Sauce, apple cider vinger, toasted sesame seeds, sesame oil and some fish sauce. Sounds unorthodox but hubby drank it by the spoonfuls!

Anyway, they all stayed intact while they were cooking. Hey, must have gong fu for that! Tada!





















No comments: